'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see you tonight.



Even though my doctor said that walking will not help naturally induce labor, a lot of women I've talked to swear that it worked for them. Also, if you google it, a lot of women say the same thing. So I went to the mall today with the intent of walking til the baby fell out. I walked from 10am til 2pm...4 hours and no contractions. I kind of feel some pressure on my pelvis, but it definitely doesn't feel like a baby's about to fall out which I've read is what it feels like once he "drops." Now my feet hurt, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a charley horse in the night. Oh well. It was worth the try. If I didn't try it I would be beating myself up about it now.


I'm not feeling as enraged as last night so I can tell you what I did yesterday. I baked cookies for Matt's job to say thank you for the nice dinner and all the other thoughtful things. I went to Babies R Us and spent $235! Which surprisingly didn't really buy that many things. Anyways, the gift cards from Gameplan covered almost all of the cost and I used a different gift card I also got from Gameplan  (for Christmas) to pay the rest. People have been so generous with money and gift cards for Vincent. We haven't had to spend a dime of our own money at Babies R Us. It's been a real blessing. Then after my shopping spree I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for an hour. I would have gone back and done that today, but there's a rule that you can only stay on one cardio machine for 30 minutes, and there are only 2 treadmills so I think people really do care about the rule. I was able to walk an hour yesterday because I walked 30 minutes, left the gym, walked to the nearby bathroom, walked back, and no one was on the treadmill so I got back on. I knew I wanted to do some serious walking today so I didn't want to risk not having access to the treadmill.

So even though I am not as mad as I was last night I am still really on edge. My hormones are going nuts. At least I could recognize it today. Matt was angering me just by eating a cookie a certain way. I smelled popcorn being popped downstairs and I was angry because I had a feeling it was mine and Andrew didn't ask if he could pop it. Matt asked me what it was like to be that on edge. I told him I feel like a shark with blood in the water.

I can't remember what it's like not to be pregnant. I feel like I've been pregnant my whole life. And at the same time I'm really nervous about the recovery. I feel like it's going to be long and painful and just downright awful. I feel like I've started something I can't finish, but I just have to. He's gotta come out some way and waving some magic wand is not an option. Come on, Vincent?

I'm 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant with 3 days left to go.


1 applause for kateness:

Unknown said...

Awww Kate, The fear of the unknown is the hardest part. Don't fear the recovery too much,Matt will be there to help you and I will come if you need me. Little Vincent will be here soon,you will do great ,all will be good and you my darling will be a sweet mommy and Matt will be a great Dad!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails