'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

When will my reflection show who I am inside?




Laura and Aleks made us breakfast in the morning. (Hashbrowns, bacon, and donuts! nice combo huh? Well the stomach wants what the stomach wants!) They had to leave today to go back to school so their visit was short, but Laura will be back for her spring break! Yay!

After they left Matt left me alone with Vincent for the first time! He went to Lowes to get a lock for our door. I know people know to stay out of our room while I'm breastfeeding, but I still feel so exposed. I also just feel exposed because I'm still in the healing stage post pregnancy and I feel like I just need some cocoon time. Some time to just be goopy mush but where no one will see me so I can re-emerge as a butterfly later.

While he was gone I cleaned around our room and Vincent slept. It was really anti-climactic. I also read one of my pregnancy books. I skipped over the c-section chapter when I was pregnant. That's how confident I was that I wasn't going to have to have a c-section. I just wanted to make sure my reason for having a c-section was in there and that it sounded really necessary. I also read the chapter on vaginal birth after c-section, (VBAC) and it made me feel a lot better, that maybe I won't have to get cut for each delivery. We'll see!  It's funny how I don't feel like I have the strength to do anything while Matt's here, but the second he leaves I find my strength.

In the evening we watched the Illini game. Although, I couldn't stay awake. Not much to stay awake for. They have definitely lost their mojo and a lot of their fans for this season.

5 fays old.jpg

Vincent is 5 days old today.

1 applause for kateness:

Laura said...

Love you sis :) I had fun <3 you are a beautiful mother and I'm so happy your my SISSY!! :D

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails