'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Take me home tonight...be my little baby.

We brought Vincent home from the hospital today. It felt weird to put on regular clothes and go out into the outside world. When you have a c-section it's the hospital's policy to have you stay an extra day, but I still didn't feel ready. We took a ton of stuff with us from the hospital. Most of it I'm sure was okay...They let us take the pillows, but not the cases, all the diapers, wipes, and other disposable things in the drawers under Vincent's bed. They said we could take parts of the breast pump, but we didn't because we don't have the super expensive pump they had. The stuff I'm not sure if they normally gave away was the mesh undies and super huge pads. They were in a duffle bag on the bathroom door and we took the whole bag and put it with our stuff. As we were about to leave I asked the nurse if it was okay if we took them and she said yes, but it seemed like a pity yes, and not an actual, "Yes, people normally take those." Oh well! I really couldn't imagine not having them. I'm still wearing them 9 days later. Still afraid to transition back to normal.

They even gave me a pain pill before I left which I was sooo glad they did that. Even with that pill buying us extra time Matt cut it close getting the prescription before I was supposed to take the next pill. When we were finally set to leave the hospital they insisted on wheeling me out in a wheelchair. My last old person moment. I was pretty confident I could have hobbled out myself, but I probably couldn't have carried anything, and they really didn't want me to.

Three days.jpg
 Think we should have gotten a bigger carseat? Ha.


When we got home Matt went to get my pain meds. While he was out he realized he also had to pick up Izzy from Petsmart. She had had her teeth cleaned which is a procedure that pets need to be sedated for. Never thought about that but can totally see how it's necessary. We also had them cut her nails while she was asleep since that task is next to impossible while she is awake, and she got some shots.

Then Matt went to get my prescription and he said they really put him thru the wringer. Apparently the drug I needed is popularly abused and sold illegally. I didn't think it was that special until I ran out and tried to call my doctor, then realized it was another doctor who prescribed it, then had no one call me back so ended up never getting it and eventually not needing it. DEFINITELY didn't appreciate THAT! I ended up having to cut the pills in half. Then started taking them every 8 hours instead of every 4. Then started substituting the maximum amount of Tylenol the bottle said I could have. NOT FUN. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

This was Vincent's first night at home and he did great! We woke him up every 3 hours to feed him and he slept all the hours in between! What a champ!



Vincent is 3 days old today!

0 applause for kateness:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails