'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

You'll never know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.


Photo: You're just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off of you.

We got to catch up on some sleep in the morning. Vincent had been sooo hungry the night before and was sooo tired today. So were we so it worked out great. ;) All three of us slept for at least an hour. Later in the morning Vincent got his picture taken by a professional who worked at the hospital.We were so excited and LOVED every picture. We bought a huge package and couldn't wait to see them again online, but when we did see them we HATED them. At least I did. I don't think Matt wanted to commit to saying he loved them or hated them anymore because he was afraid my mood would swing. I have to blame all the pain meds. There's no way I would have spent $200 on those pictures if I was in my right mind.

Andrew came at lunch to visit and meet Vincent. He came just as I was eating/trying to breastfeed/talking to my mom on the phone, and Matt was in the cafeteria AH! So that was stressful. Andrew took home a onesie for Izzy to smell so that she would have a heads up about the baby. We'll see how that goes!

In the evening Jessica Craig came to visit which was sweet. Just as she was walking thru the door the nurse on duty took Vincent to get a test done. I was NOT thrilled about that. Jessica stayed for a bit and talked to Matt and me but never got to see Vincent. When the nurse finally brought him back she said he DIDN'T EVEN GET THE TEST DONE! I was so mad! She also gave us the bad news that Vincent was a bit jaundice but didn't really explain what that would mean, like what we would have to do about that, and she said he had lost 10% of his birth weight and that we would have to supplement with formula. Now 10% sounds like a lot and she made it sound pretty dire, but when Vincent was born he weighed 7lb 13oz. In 24 hours he was 7lb 3oz and nobody was alarmed. Everybody said that was normal. But then 24 more hours later he was 7lb 0oz and this nurse was making it sound like he needed to be on life support. She really freaked us out with her delivery of the news and it was really unnecessary. So then she brought us a breast pump and told me how to use it and left the room. I was really weirded out by it and found it really uncomfortable, and she didn't say when to stop pumping. She didn't explain that it would turn off automatically. So I just sat there frustrated and in pain. What made matters worse was that nothing was coming out. I was also still reeling from her news that my baby was malnourished. I really didn't like that nurse. When she would come in after that I tried to not even look at her, but when her supervisor came around and asked about my stay I couldn't remember her name. Matt and I told the supervisor about the incident with Jessica coming and not getting to see the baby, but not the other issue of freaking us out. That was harder to explain without sounding whiny.

Vincent is 2 days old today!

0 applause for kateness:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails