'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Love will keep you up all night. It's not something you can decide.

The next time I had to go to the bathroom was around 7 or 8 in the morning. I think. I buzzed the nurses' station asking for help. I got one girl. Just one. I was nervous. And she was one that didn't do something I had wanted before. I just didn't think of her as very helpful, but she was enough to get the job done this time! I surprisingly felt much better than my last attempt last night and didn't feel like fainting at all.

Vincent got circumcised early in the morning and as much as I didn't want him to go thru pain, I knew it had to be done. I felt so bad for him, but he acted like a real champ. He slept for maybe 3 or 4 hours when he got back which is a long time for him, but he made up for lost time later in the day when all he wanted was to nurse, nurse, nurse! His hunger was insatiable. He would nurse for over an hour and still cry. Needless to say I felt like crying too. It was a rough night for Matt and I nursing round the clock, but somehow we made it thru.

Sometime before all the nursing craziness Sam came to visit and was Vincent's first visitor! Sorry I don't have a lot of details. I was really drugged up for the rest of my stay at Northside. I do remember I took my first shower since my c-section and had to do so sitting down. Yet another old person moment for me.

Vincent is 1 day old today!

0 applause for kateness:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails