'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Why'd you have to wait to find me, to find me?

Wow today was so frustrating. I thought Vincent's due date was going to be the happiest day of my life so far, not a big build up and a big let down. We've been saying January 20th for so long I really didn't think this date had the option of being anything but wonderful.

What made it really hard was that last night I had false labor for a little more than 2 hours! From 2:45 in the morning til about 5:00 I was having contractions for about 30-45 seconds 5 minutes apart! I really thought it was the real deal. They even started to get more intense by the last 3. I was seriously considering calling the doctor, but then I remembered him saying to walk around and see how you feel after that. As soon as I got up and walked around the contractions stopped. If I got back in bed they started up again! I even took a shower and did my makeup just in case we were really going to the hospital, but after walking around more it was clear that the contractions were not going to happen while I was upright. So I told myself to just go to bed and ignore any contractions I felt. Then if they got really bad of course they would wake me up, but they never did.

When I woke up in the morning I still had faint twinges of pain, but none that grabbed and held on. They were gone. :( So Matt and I went for a walk again, but they never came back. All day I waited, but there were no more signs that Vincent was planning on arriving today.

Really looking forward to the sonogram early tomorrow morning. Hoping to get good news that Vincent is big and strong and healthy and that we will be meeting him soon!

I am 40 weeks pregnant today. Today was my due date. Womp Womp! ;)

1 applause for kateness:

John said...

Hey, at least you didn't embarrass yourself by going to the hospital :P My wife had major false labor a week before her DD and we actually went to the hospital. And the contractions stopped before we got there and as we walked in the people in the maternity ward said, "You don't look like you're having a baby!"

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails