'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Somethin' Unpredictable, but in the End is Right

So, I was cleaning out our office and I found an old journal of mine from last year. (First year of teaching) I'm really sad I didn't stick with it because I'm sure it would have been hilarious. Here's an excerpt from pretty much the only thing I said about school.

November 18, 2009

"Well 1st year teaching is no longer killing me. Do I absolutely LOVE it? No. Do I wake up each morning full of excitement that that's what I get to do every day? Definitely not. Do I just want to give up and take my own life and hope that somehow that is pardonable? Not anymore! Baby steps."

I thought I'd share that since not much is going on in my actual life right now. No trips or anything at least.

I have been starting to think a lot about school and I think it's kind of stressing me out, but I am hoping for much improvement on my part or at least a little from experiencing the horrors of my first year. I think out of fear I'm just trying to think of any and every little thing possible I can prepare. Now I'm starting to think I should have been doing this all summer. I even started a blog about teaching stuff generally and my classroom specifically. If you look on my profile it's my other blog listed. I hope to keep up with that once school starts and journal about each day giving the kids code names or something, and of course not posting their pictures. I can do that right?

I gotta get my sleep pattern fixed before school starts! Off to bed!

0 applause for kateness:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails