'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Just give it time. It's gonna get better. Now is not forever at all.


Matt and I kicked off the day sleeping in super late. We didn't end up heading to Starbucks til about noon, but it was still so good!


When we got home we watched the Illini lose horribly. I think a lot of people stopped watching, but it was so bad I just couldn't look away. I had to know just how bad it ended. (51-74...ouch) But at least I know!

After the game I don't know why but I got really tired. I had already slept in til like 11 something and done next to nothing. I even had coffee! (Decaf, but there's still some caffeine in decaf) But I felt like I was hit by a tranquilizer dart and had to lie down in the bed. I slept for like 2 hours! Come on, Vincent!!

Revolutionary Mac & Cheese -- the pasta is cooked in the milk, which forms the base for the sauce. No water, no draining... Is this your secret Panera?  2 cup pasta, 2 cup milk, 1 cup cheeseSo when I woke up, of course, I was hungry. I had recently made this mac and cheese I had found on Pinterest where you cook the noodles in milk instead of water. Then you don't drain the milk, you just stir in cheese, and it's sooo creamy! Sooo good! And the best part is, no butter, no weird chemicals from the powder of Kraft mac and cheese, just noodles, milk, and cheese. And it's like the best mac and cheese I've ever had. So I had this idea that I was going to make Alfredo that way. I started the same, milk and noodles on medium low heat. Then instead of adding cheddar cheese I added shredded Parmesan cheese. I sauteed a little garlic and stirred that in, and sprinkled on some parsley. The sauce was sooo good! It tasted like Olive Garden Alfredo sauce and was just as thick. Really...it was just like it. And no butter! No heavy whipping cream! The only problem was the noodles were awful! I will never again get Great Value whole wheat pasta. It was grainy and gritty. It almost tasted like the noodles weren't cooked all the way, but they were all plumped up, and they weren't gonna plump anymore. I ended up toughing thru and eating a little less than half of it just because the sauce was that good. I ended up fishing out the rest of the noodles, throwing them away, and saving the sauce to perhaps dip garlic bread in or something. Live and learn!


To end the night Matt and I sat out on our deck because it was so nice out. Matt smoked one of his cigars downwind of me and we just talked about how much our lives are going to change once Vincent comes. I love when we just sit out there and talk! It's so much better than zoning out in front of the TV. It's pretty late in the game, but I think Matt is finally calming down a little about Vincent coming and him becoming a dad. Better late than never!

I'm 38 weeks and 6 days pregnant with 8 more days til due date!!


0 applause for kateness:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails