'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Some nights I wish that this all would end (pregnancy). Cause I could use a friend for a change (baby!).

 I had an appointment with my OBGYN today. I guess it was technically my 39 week appointment even though Vincent won't be 39 weeks until the day after tomorrow. Sad to report that there is nothing new going on in there. Vincent still hasn't dropped. The doctor even did a quick sonogram to make sure Vincent's head was still down and in position because he's so high up he couldn't feel his head. Boo! The good news I guess is that if Vincent does not come by next Friday we will schedule a day to induce. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! So my appointment this morning was a mix of frustration and triumph. Frustration in the news, even though I kind of already knew he was going to tell me that and frustration that I was late. I can't believe what a hard time I have timing my trip. What made all the difference was that this appointment was a little earlier so I hit traffic whereas the last appointment I left early enough to allow traffic and didn't hit any. AH! So I was late which I've already mentioned that I hate, but then the triumph came at my weigh in. Same weight as last time! The scale kind of acted like it was going to be a pound more and I was like aww! but then at the last second it beeped back down to where it was last time. I'm pretty sure that means Vincent still gained his half a pound or pound or whatever and I lost that! Either that or I just timed it all right with eating, hydrating, and going to the bathroom and stuff like that. Either way, it's on my chart. I was kind of sad my doctor didn't even say anything, but I still felt satisfied knowing the number was the same.

When Matt got home we went to Sam and Laura's for dinner. It was really nice to see them again! We lived with them for like 3 weeks when we were in house limbo and then they went home to Illinois for the holidays and we just didn't see them for a long time. We ate together and watched The Words. It was kind of a weird movie, with a story within a story kind of deal. It could have been better, but it could have been worse. 


It was really just good for Matt and I to hang out with another couple instead of just watching TV or a movie at home. It was good to be more social especially because once Vincent comes it's going to be so much harder to do stuff like that. At least that's what I've been told and what I imagine. It's still so hard to believe that our lives are really going to change that much and that Vincent really is going to be born someday soon. I guess we'll just hafta see for ourselves when he gets here.





I'm 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant with 9 more days to go!

 


1 applause for kateness:

Laura said...

Kate! I looooved The Words. Mom and I watched it and it was like watching a poem to me. I think it was the music that REALLY made it for me though because I cried at the end... then I went over to grandma's the same day and watched it with her again! I LOVED IT! lol It was just so romantic and so sad. I miss you!

-Laur

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails