'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

So close to reaching that famous happy end

I woke up a little earlier than usual today because Pam wanted to come over to visit and to see Vincent's room. It's amazing how you can think your house is completely spotless until you know someone's like 30 minutes from coming over. So it was fun visiting with her. I gave her a tour of the house, and she got to see Matt when he came home for lunch.

When she left all of a sudden I had no idea what to do with the rest of my day. I'm really not used to having company! So then I realized that I was feeling pretty good so I went to the gym! Woo! I thought about going to the grocery store after since the gym is like halfway between our house and the store, but I really am sick of going there every day, and I'm just sick of spending money every day. It's really hard to do mentally when I'm not working. All I see is the money going out, and it freaks me out a little. So I went back and forth like a million times, agonized really, but finally decided I did not need to go to the store, and drove home instead.


Even once at home I still thought about going to the store and just getting one or two things,  but it's such a slippery slope. I knew, mentally I had to just not spend any money today or else I would beat myself up with thoughts like, "I'm out of control." and "All I do is spend, spend, spend." And there'd be even more added pressure not to spend money the next day. Anyways, success! I am going to bed after I blog this and I did not spend a dime.




Also, I called the pediatrician's office to explain what happened yesterday, and they didn't seem to care at all. They barely seemed to remember me or my appointment, so I felt much better. They even said, "You know, you don't need to come in and tour the office and meet the doctors here in order to be seen." So I decided to make it easier on myself and just not go in. I was really expecting them to be more peeved at me for not showing up. I think I need to chill out.

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant with 10 days left til due date!!

 

0 applause for kateness:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails