'bout the way I love you. Sure is fancy how you love me.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

So I keep on waiting, waiting on my world to change



We finally made it to church today! Definitely hard to wake up in time and to sit thru the whole thing, (wish the seats could recline or something!) but we did it!

After church I got super tired out of nowhere again and had to lie down. It was like I was too tired to sleep and definitely too tired to get up so I just lay there for about an hour and might have drifted into a light sleep, but I'm not sure. It felt like I used to feel before I started taking iron. Hopefully that means Vincent is using all my energy to do something in there!! Although, it doesn't really feel like it. I thought I would be really excited about hitting 39 weeks, but after my last appointment and just the way I've been feeling (like nothing's happening) I feel like I don't even want to get my hopes up or put that thought in my head that Vincent could be a week away because he might. not. be. :(

I tried to make that Alfredo again with different noodles. I figured it was okay because I threw the other noodles out so it was like having leftovers. Right? So this time I used noodles I knew were going to be good, (whole wheat Barilla) but Matt convinced me to cook the milk and cheese separate from the noodles and cook the noodles in water like normal. So I did. Big mistake. The milk never thickened up with just the cheese added to it, and the cheese never blended with it. It just became a blob at the bottom of the milk. So I tried to salvage it by throwing the cooked noodles in the milk and continuing to cook it like I had before, but the milk still wasn't thickening. The cheese still wasn't mixing. So I threw in some uncooked noodles, and some thickening started going on, but the cheese still didn't really mix. I added more cheese, but I didn't want to add the full amount because wow that would have been a lot of cheese. So this time the noodles were all good and the sauce was a let down. After all that I told Matt that his idea didn't work and that my pasta dish was RUINED for the second night in a row. I told him everything I did and he still didn't believe me. He thought I must have done something else wrong, but then I found this

Here’s the secret:  Cook your pasta in MILK instead of water.  The milk makes it super creamyThe starch from the pasta thickens the milk into a sauce. 

from this website - http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/high-five-recipe-creamy-mac-and-cheese

So it's true. You really do need to cook the noodles IN the milk, NOT separately.

 Next time I've gotta get it right! And also the chicken I made to go with it was really good! So two out of three wasn't awful, but it was just frustrating that this stupid pasta is taking so many tries to get right! Next time tho it's gonna be AMAZING!

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with 7 more days left to go til due date!!


5 applause for kateness:

Sara said...

I was gonna say that I bet the pasta releases starch when it cooks which thickens it! But you found that out. 1 week, eeek!

Sara said...

And if he doesn't come in a week, that just means there's more important things he needs to be doing inside still!

Me said...

thanks, Sar!

Laura said...

Kate! Even though the pasta didn't work you taught me something new today! Also I just realized I have this Monday off school and I don't have school on Friday so maybe he will come between that four day window so I can come visit between those four days! I hope everything is well and everything will be okay. I love ya sis!

- Laur

Unknown said...

Kate, I hope you got in a good long nap after I talked to you.Little Vincent will come soon and be the joy of your life! You are such a lover and will be such a good mommy to Vincent and all his siblings!!!! Dad and I are so excited to see you and Matt and Baby Vincent and hold him in our arms. Hang in their Kate,the best is yet to come! Love you so much,Mom

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails